Consists of active raw materials for the immune system. These are Wellmune® beta-glucans, black cohosh extract, chaga and reishi.
Elder can help to:
- Support the immune system
- Protect cells from oxidative stress
Reishi can contribute to:
- Natural immunological function
SHIFT™ Defence is composed of extracts from 1,3/1,6 beta-glucan (Wellmune®), black cohosh, chaga and reishi, each of which contains substances that can have a positive effect on the immune system.
Beta glucans, found in Wellmune®, reishi and chaga, are powerful immune-supporting compounds. They teach the body's immune system to respond correctly to pathogenic microorganisms, like a personal trainer for the immune system. SHIFT™ Defence contains Wellmune® Beta 1,3/1,6 glucan, a clinically proven immune-stimulating beta glucan that activates white blood cells to fight invaders without overstimulating the immune system. In addition, chaga and reishi contain active beta-glucans.
ElderCraft® in SHIFT™ Defense, from svarthyll, provides immune support through powerful antioxidants that can help protect cells from oxidative stress. Chaga and reishi are strong antioxidants and contain beta-glucans that support natural immune function.
|Contents per tablet:||% reference value|
|Chaga extract||300 mg||not determined|
|Black shelf extract||300 mg||not determined|
|250 mg||not determined|
|Reishi extract||50 mg||not determined|
Recommended daily dosage: 1 tablet
Should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Did you know that
- Fever and inflammation are signs that the immune system is functioning properly.
- Lack of sleep, little rest and increased stress can weaken the immune system. As a result, you may feel ill after periods of high exertion.
- Laughter releases dopamine, which in turn reduces stress. A good laugh prolongs life!
- Bacteria are not as dangerous as you might think. If the body is exposed to new bacteria, the immune system will attack the bacteria and remember them so that the body knows how to fight them next time.
For the immune system
Wellmune®, reishi and chaga contain beta-glucans, which are polysaccharides found in the cell walls of various bacteria, yeasts, fungi and plants. Because fungi and yeasts have been threats to animal and human health for millions of years, the non-specific immune system has learned to recognize beta-glucans from these and initiate an immune response to fight them.
You could say that beta-glucans teach the immune system to react correctly, a kind of personal trainer that helps the body's immune system to fight off various pathogenic microorganisms. It is this mechanism that is activated when the body is supplied with the beta-glucans in SHIFT™ Defense. Wellmune® is a particularly well-documented beta-glucan, with more than 12 clinical studies, and protected by more than 40 patents.